Wednesday 2 December 2009

The 3c`s Carrot Cake Cupcakes

This one is a favourite among friends it is a recipe that I got from one of my aunts at my Grandfather`s funeral. That is something very Irish and not very Spanish.

In Spain we don`t understand that for the Irish funerals are all about celebrating the live of the person that passes away, so for me and my father who were the only foreigners there it was an incredible experience.

I adored my grandfather, I had the priviledge of living two years with him while I was at university and he taught me many things.

And even from his funeral , where people came from all over Ireland and England to remember him with us I have a sweet memory.

One of the many cakes that were brought into the house that night was this carrot cake. I usually make is as a cake but yesterday I decided to make it into cupcakes. It makes about 30.

Ingredients

For the cake

240 gr of self raising flour
1 1/4 ts of cinamon
1/2 ts of baking soda
1/2 ts of salt
180 gr of sugar
60 gr of raisins
60 gr of walnuts
210 gr of grated carrots
6fl oz of olive oil

For the icing

200 gr of cream cheese
100 gr of soft butter
300 gr of icing sugar
1 tsp of vanilla essence

Method for the cake

1.- Preheat oven at 210º C
2.- line two 20 cm sandwich tins
3.- Beat the eggs and sugar together until it becomes pale in colour add the oil little by little
4.- Sieve all the dry ingredientes together into a bow
5.- Begin folding in the dry ingredients and the grated carrots
6.- Mix in the walnuts and raisinspour into the two lined tins and bake por 30 minutes

Method for the icing

Mix together all the ingredientes, the icing sugar should be sieved before incorporating it.When the cakes are cold sandwich the two cakes with the icing and cover the top with the icing you have left. You can decorate it with walnuts or orange peel.

No comments:

Post a Comment